SpaceX Starship Updates
|Geplaatst door: Modelraketten.nl op 13-02-20 16:14 | E-mail: email@example.com|
Boca Chica News, Texas USA
* New level added to second VAB.
* Bulkheads, ring construction, tank sections stacking all continue at rapid pace as SN-1 & SN-2 building progresses.
* SN-1 gaines valves and pressurization systems.
* One segment with 5 rings stacked.
SpaceX Flight News
* SpaceX Demo-2 Crew Dragon spacecraft for crewed test to the ISS arrives at Kennedy Space Center(KSC).
* SpaceXs Demo-2 manned launch aimed for May, 7th, 2020.
* Falcon 9 to launch 5th load of 60 Starlink satellites, Saturday, Feb. 15th, launch at 15.46 GMT.
* Falcon 9 Cargo Dragon, CRS20, launch to ISS, Monday, March 2nd, 06.45 GMT.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 2 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.nl op 23-02-20 16:16 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Monday 17/2/2020 |
* SpaceX heeft een stack van 4 ringen (1,8m per ring, onderste deel) en 1 van 5 ringen(dat is in ieder geval een tanksectie) op elkaar gezet. Dus de Starship SN-1 is momenteel 16,4 meter hoog, plus nog iets van 1,8m er boven uitstekend tankgedeelte (dome-shape).
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 3 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.nl op 23-02-20 16:17 | E-mail: email@example.com|
|Friday 21/02/2020 |
* Tanksection is welded together.
* The lifting crane is taken off.
* New ring sections are put into the union-tent.
* Progress is being made on the different nose sections.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 4 | Reactie van: firstname.lastname@example.org op 23-02-20 16:23 | E-mail: Modelraketten.nl|
* Tanksection is lifted on top of the engine section with a large new crane. The entire stack is very close to the road and entrance, so very good visible.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 5 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.nl op 23-02-20 18:15 | E-mail: email@example.com|
* Internal fuel pipe lowered down from the top, through the upper tank. This pipe is about 40-50 cm in diameter and some 10-12 meters long. It has three big holes at the bottom side part, I guess to connect to the engines. Will probably be connected to the bottom of the upper fuel (liquid methane) tank. It will pass through the liquid Oxigan tank.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 6 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.nl op 23-02-20 19:57 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Hahaha,...they removed the fuel pipe again.
Probably to change some things, or it was a fitting test of some kind...
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 7 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 26-02-20 14:42 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
Starship SN-1 (at least a big part of it) transported to its test location. Put on the test stand by Big Crane "Berry".
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 8 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 27-02-20 17:37 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Starship SN1 tank preparing for Raptor (engines) attachment, pressure testing and static firing.
* SN2 tank integration begins this week with much less circumferential pucker... (had to search that one up... if I am alright, it means with less dents, wrinkles or bends in the body... Correct me if I am wrong.)
* We had the wrong (welding) settings! [...]. Having the right settings is a major improvement.
* They will also use a planisher to make the weldings more flat.
* SN2 will get 3 Raptor engines. Most likely SN1 will not fly, but do a static firing only. Because 1 or 2 Raptors will not be enough to lift it properly.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 9 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 28-02-20 20:24 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Nose cone sections stacked.
* Roof on 2nd VAB building ready. Wall mounting begins.
* It looks like a 3rd Garlic Tent/Building is being build.
* Raptor accumulated 3.200 secs of testing with 18 different motors.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 10 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 02-03-20 13:37 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* On feb 28, 2020, SN1 desintegrated with two loud "bangs", at cryogenic pressure testing (liquid oxygen in the lower tank). The entire section of about 25-30 meters high, went 25 meters high up into the air, destroying the entire bottom section, doing so, after which it fell down and was totally destroyed. After hitting the ground, the upper tank section (probably filled with liquid nitrogen N2), which was still intact, exploded and sent the bulkhead away as if it where a canon ball...
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 11 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 02-03-20 13:49 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Big parts (Bulkhead), where thrown hundreds of meters away from the test stand.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 12 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 02-03-20 14:12 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* The remaining parts of SN1 are rapidly being removed from the test stand at Boca Chica.
* Vertical flip of a (SN2?) dome tank section, in the VAB-1 windbreaker. (VAB=Vertical Assembly Building).
It looked as if one of the turning motors was stuck halfway, but after some mechanics took care of it, it turned for the full 180 degrees.
* The front side of VAB-2 is plated. The roof is completly on it.
* The 3rd Garlic Tent has now three trusses upright, with the roofing on it. Previously, they first put all trusses in place and than put the roofing on it.
Correction: the vertical flip is done in VAB-2!
The building is not even completed! ...That is a quick use or it!
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 13 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 02-03-20 14:32 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* All kind of rings are replaced and transported.
* It looks like a new tent for ring manufacturing is going on... Big stacks of tent hardware is on the site and a new piece of ground is being levelled.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 14 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 05-03-20 15:17 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* New tent for ring manufacturing already had 6 beams on Tuesday/Wednesday. Now on Thursday, 10 beams have been placed. It is really getting form. Roof sheeting is done directly. The side (bottom) supports of the tent are placed on top of two containers in height, probably to get more height for rocket pieces inside.
* Engine section, in the VAB-2 gets some sort of thrust ring on it. Also a Bulkhead piece is placed in the VAB-2.
* VAB-2 construction (plating) still ongoing. One side almost closed.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 15 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 05-03-20 15:36 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* The bulkhead in VAB-2 is put on top of the engine section. It has a big manhole, for welding and other work inside.
* New tent: 11 beams have been placed.
* Ring production (1.8m heigh) seems to be at full speed.
* Transporter is rolled in: it has some 40 or 60 wheels for transporting the upcoming SN-2 to the test stand.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 16 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 06-03-20 21:07 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Repairs of launch pad started.
* SN-2 tank build continues to prep for tank test.
* SN-3 ring construction and stacking ongoing. Nose Cones and domes in various stages of construction.
* Siding(one) installed on VAB-2 building.
* Garlic tent 3 is rapidly adding framework and covering.
* It looks even as if ground is being prepared next to it for yet another tent...
* Road closures: Friday 6th
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 17 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 07-03-20 00:22 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN-2 tank section is being rolled out, on what it looks to be, its own test stand, on a big truck.
* SN-2 test tank section is on the test stand.
* A new terrain is being leveled in front of the garlic tent 1 and 2. Grass is removed, sand and an underlayer of some sort of plastic or weaving is put on top of it, covered with more sand and flattened with rolling machines. New paved parking places...?
* Garlic tent 3: 14 beams have been placed.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 18 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 14-03-20 00:59 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN2 (with trhrust puck) passed cryo pressure & engine thrust load tests late last night (Elon Musk).
* Statric fire & short flights with SN3, longer flights with SN4, but spooling up the whole Starship/Raptor production line is really what matters. (Elon Musk).
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 19 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 14-03-20 01:36 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Garlic tent 3: all 20 beams have been placed. Roofing has been placed, cladding is being placed.
* VAB-2 back side, nears completion.
* SN2 test tank looks quite well, SN3 is even better.
* New building stand, probably for garlic tent 3, is being constructed.
* SN3/SN4 ring construction/stacking ongoing.
|SpaceX Starship SN1 update 20 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 16-03-20 21:13 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN2 tank transported from test stand back to construction facilities.
* Spooling up the whole starship production line is what really matters (Elon Musk).
|SpaceX Starship SN update 21 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 18-03-20 20:22 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* VAB-2 got an internal lift(personnel)
* New tent gets its beams erected.
* SN3 nose cone gets a bottom cone part connected.
* Bottom dome, with thrust puck, gets its rings(3) atteched. The entire piece is still upside down.
* Concrete pouring in different places.
|SpaceX Starship SN update 22 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 19-03-20 14:21 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* VAB-2 gets its last left wall done with sheeting.
* SN3 stacking begins in VAB-2.
Elon Musk: Super heavy and Starship evolves: slight booster length increase to 70m, so 120m for whole system, Liftoff mass ~5000 metric tons. Design is evolving rapidly. Would be great to flatten domes, embed engines & add ~1.5 barrel sections of propellant for same total length. Also current legs are a bit too small.
|SpaceX Starship SN update 23 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 20-03-20 12:54 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN3 stacked up to 10 rings!
* In front of the new tent, a new concrete slap is being prepared. New tent has all beams standing up.
* SN3 will do motor (Raptor) tests and little hops.
* SN4 will do a 20Km flight(later this spring).
* SN5 / SN6 --> orbital mission(?)
|SpaceX Starship SN update 24 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 21-03-20 13:21 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* In front of the new tent, the new concrete slap is pored.
* Garlic tent 3 gets its front side installed. Metal support beams are connected.
* More work on SN3 nose cone.
|SpaceX Starship SN update 25 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 24-03-20 01:00 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN4 nose cone is outside the garlic tent.
* SN3 motor sections (3 rings with thrust puck and lower 2 rings) are stacked together.
* On the new new concrete slap, new metal beams are erected and connected together.
|SpaceX Starship SN update 26 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 25-03-20 13:26 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Much (ground)work is done on the testing terrain.
* Three thick concrete slabs are made under the Starship Hopper, very close to the road. It look like more concrete work is coming up.
* Multiple test stands are on site now (4 or 5).
* A big quadpod (tripod+1 :-) ) is on the testing terrain.
* Much work is done on the big test stand.
|SpaceX Starship SN update 27 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 25-03-20 13:55 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* The big quadpod has 4 massive connexion points on top of it. It looks like to be ~10cm thick steel. It has been put, from the top, down in the middle of the big test stand. For holding SN3 down while testing the engines...?
* The big test stand also has big sturdy metal boxes inside. Could be housing hold down clamps/mechanics...?
|SpaceX Starship SN3 update 28 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 28-03-20 13:38 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Launch site activities accelerate: On the big quadpod, 3, what looks to be hydrolic actuators are mounted on top. Probably to do load test (as if it where motors, on the bottom of SN3 rocket)
* SN3 tank sections are stacked on top of the SN3 motor section.
* Preparations underway for move of the SN3 to the launch pad for systems integration, testing, Raptor engine installation and testing, and 150m test flight.
* Big concrete slab poured under and near the Star Hopper.
* Road closures announced: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 6/4, 7/4 and 8/4.
* Nasa selects SpaceX as the first provider to deliver cargo. experiments and other supplies to the agencys Gateway, in lunar orbit. SpaceX will launch a spacecraft called "Dragon XL" on Falcon Heavy to deliver more than 5 metric tons of cargo to Gateway.
* SN4 ring construction, nose cone and domes construction/stacking ongoing.
* 6 more Falcon Heavy flights planned for 2020 up to 2022.
|SpaceX Starship SN3 update 29 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 29-03-20 17:12 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* On the new new concrete slap(see Monday 24-03-2020), all the metal beams are erected for the new building/tent and connected together. Roof beams and wall supporting beams are also being connected.
* Massive yellow Berry Crane in front of VAB2.
* Extra, white, slender Helium tanks installed at test site.
* Starship SN3 has about 8 external black pressure tanks (CPVs = Composite Pressure Vessels).
* Starship SN3 exits VAB2 (Vertical Assembly Building 2) ahead of roll to the launch pad.
* SpaceX Sarens Crawler (96 wheels!, per two stearable) prepares for SN3 transport to the test/launch stand.
|SpaceX Starship SN3 update 30 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 30-03-20 17:12 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Starship SN3 transported to the test/launch stand.
* Starship SN3 lifted onto the test stand at Boca Chica.
* It looks like SN3 has 5 or 6 landing legs, inside the aft ring sections. They seem to be flipped out and locked into place. Just inside the ring structure hinges are visible.
|SpaceX Starship SN3 update 31 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 03-04-20 10:33 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Starship SN3 comes to life, ambient temperature pressure testing.
* Starship SN3 cryogenic pressure test 1(lower part above O2 tank section).
* Starship SN3 fails pressure test upper part... SN3 just implodes below upper part and collapses...
|SpaceX Starship SN4 update 32 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 11-04-20 14:09 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN-3 test stand entirely cleared from test equipment.
* Garlic tent 3 has its sides installed. It seems to get a different door... higher. From a distance the tent-3 is much bigger, but the same shape.
* The new (low) tent, next to the Garlic tent 3, has a BigTop logo, so we call it the BigTop tent. It has got its skin mated to it. It is a low, but very wide tent.
* Tesla battery pack put on top of top tank.
* 10 rings stacked in VAB-2 (tank sections, liquid oxygen and liquid methane).
* Pressure feed lines installed on tank section.
* Three dome constructions visible in one of the garlic tents, of which two look te be quite ready, from the outside.
|SpaceX Starship SN4 update 33 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 14-04-20 15:55 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN4 engine section put together (dome and rings).
* SN4 engine section flipped over (now in the right position)
* New Spider Building (vertical spider leg beams) gets its walls and roof, almost ready.
|SpaceX Starship SN5 update 34 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 16-04-20 01:23 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN5 domes/bulkheads constructed in one of the garlic tents.
* SN5 barrels/rings stacked (2-3 pieces). Motor section rings under construction(reinforcements).
|SpaceX Starship SN4 update 35 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 16-04-20 10:58 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN4 engine section (3 rings) is going to the VAB2 building on its stand. The aft engine skirt which will be added, has also another 2 rings.
* This means stacking of the engine section and the tank section of the SN4 will take place soon.
* SN4 engine section and skirt fitted together, visible in the VAB2.
* External composite pressure vessels(CPVs) mounted on tank and engine sections.
|Starship SN4 / SN5 update 36 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 22-04-20 18:48 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN4 engine skirt is the SN3 one.
* SN4 is fully stacked in VAB2.
* SN4 hexagonal shaped heat tiles are attached to the body on at least three different places. Seven tiles per spot.
* SN4 Launch stand updates for arrival of SN4. New 6-legged thrust stand (6-pod) placed inside test stand with big (huge, hahaha) hydrolic actuators for pushing upon the aft end of SN4, to test stuctural integrity. As if it where the Raptor engines (3x).
* New white vertical tank installed in launch pad fuel farm.
* New Spider Building (vertical spider leg beams) seams to be ready. Walls and roof are finished. It might become the new ring production building. Rings are now produced in an open (small white) tent.
* SN5 parts are progressing rapidly. Domes look to be in advanced state. Work continues on SN5 production
* Many rings (1 and 2 stacked rings) are being transported/shifted across the terrain.
|Starship SN4-SN5 update 37 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 23-04-20 16:57 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN4 has arrived at SpaceX Boca Chica launch site, this foggy morning.
* SN5 now has the center common bulkhead between the LOX tank and CH4 tank sleeved up already.
|Starship SN4-SN5 update 38 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 24-04-20 22:43 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN4 has been lifted on the test stand/launch pad.
* Additional beam sections installed (5x) on first garlic tent, to expand the structure (about 20m...?).
* New radio antenna installen near launch pad.
* NOTAM published for April 25th to April 28th... (NOtification To AirMen). Cant be a hop, because no engines are installed yet. Or they will have to do that in the next few days. The NOTAM covers space operations from surface, up to and including 1500 feet MSL.
* At least three Raptor engines are available at Boca Chica.
* SN5 stacking begins in the VAB2 building.
|Starship SN4-SN5 update 39 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 27-04-20 11:26 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN4 successful cryo test reached 4.9 bar.
* SN4 will use one Raptor for static fire test, hopefully later this week.
* Garlic tent expansion has become 8 beams! About 32m. length.
|Starship SN4-SN5 update 40 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 30-04-20 14:07 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* New tent (another one) gets shape. Beams erected and cover is now on it, to be attached.
* One Rapter is on site under Starship SN4, ready to be installed.
* SN5 is getting shape in the VAB2. LOX and CH4 tanks stacked. Motor section and skirt stacked. SN5 will get 3 Raptors installed, nosecone and fins.
* Garlic tent expansion gets front side.
|Starship SN4-SN5 update 41 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 03-05-20 18:43 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Hopper is having cameras installed on top of it.
* 2nd garlic tent gets extension, just like 1st garlic tent has got. It is about 20 m. extra in length.
* Spider building has gotten a very big garage like door, opening over head.
* Raptor is installed on SN4.
* Nosecone for SN5, with 3 rings added at the bottom, left the VAB2.
|Starship SN4-SN5 update 42 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 04-05-20 19:14 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Strong winds and a little sandstorm first prevented workers from installing the Raptor engine on SN4.
* Testing is now going on for a few days.
* The methane flare is burning for a few days now. During one test it was more then 30m long. It proves that methane is on site for testing static fire.
* The Raptor installed will do the static fire as well as a 150m hop. The engine is mounted off center (there are 3 mounts for Rapors. Only one is used for now).
* May 5th is a new closure date for the roads (6 and 7th are backups).
* Highway 4(along test site) has gotten a new top layer.
* Common dome segment, with integrated header tank(keeps fuel for landing Starship at one place, and not floating through the big tank), for SN5 entered VAB2.
* SN5 thrust section almost ready for stacking.
* The stack for SN5 in the VAB2 is now 7 rings tall(tank sections).
|Starship SN4-SN5 update 43 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 04-05-20 21:28 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Starship SN4 wet dress rehearsal with engine checkouts expected.
* This is the very first fueling of a Starship with liquid oxigen and methane.
|Starship SN4-SN5 update 44 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 04-05-20 21:40 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* If testing this week goes well, SN4 will make a hop of 150m.
* First time SN4 fueling has begun!
* SN4 venting is visible (releasing boild off gases to release pressure).
|Starship SN4-SN5 update 45 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 04-05-20 23:25 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Elon Musk: wet dress rehearsal stopped --> Liquid methane was becoming to warm. Off loading O2 and CH4. No more testing today.
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 46 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 08-05-20 19:57 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* New tooling tent, next to Garlic tent-3. A lot of metal workshop tooling was moved inside.
* Garlic tent-3 is primarily for the production of nose cones.
* Garlic tent-1 and -2: large tents in which ring stacks are welded and bulkheads are produced.
* SN4 pre burner test successful.
* SN4 1st static fire test successful.
* SN4 completes 2nd Raptor static fire test. 1st static fire test was fed from main tanks. 2nd was fed from bulkhead/header tanks.
* Raptor engine removed from SN4 and taken to build area.
* Hydrolic actuators for pushing upon the aft end of SN4 are moved back to The SN4 test stand.
* The stack for SN5 in the VAB2 is now 10 rings tall(tank sections).
* SN6 ring construction and stacking underway.
* SN6 motor segment and skirt stacked (5 rings total, ±9m.).
* Super Heavy launch pad construction underway.
* Elon Musk: Super Heavy will have 31 engines, not 37. No big fins and legs similar to Starship. That thrust dome is the super hard part.
* Elon Musk: we are going to try landing Starship on the moon with enough propellant to return to Earth.
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 47 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 10-05-20 11:13 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Second cryogenic proof test to verify SN4s ability to withstand flight pressures.
* Fueling sounds louder than before.
* Hydrolic actuators or thrust simulators will use hydrolic pistons to mimic the thrust of the Raptor engines.
* Frost is forming on the entire SN4 tanks section.
* Venting is ongoing.
* Elon Musk: SN4 passed high pressure (7.5 bar) & engine thrust load at cryo.
* A Raptor will likely be installed again, the next week.
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 48 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 12-05-20 01:03 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Raptor No.18 was used for the first two static fire tests.
* Hydrolic actuators for pushing upon the aft end of SN4 to test Raptor thrust against the aft end, are removed.
* Raptor No.20 is being transported to the SN4 test stand.
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 49 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 14-05-20 20:18 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Preparations for SN4 test firing with Raptor No20 is ongoing.
* Some new plumbing pipes attached to the outside of SN4 (thrust vector control?-No exhaust visible... Extra tank pressure piping?)
* A new rectangular pad structure is put aside the SN4 test stand. Same hight as teststand.
* Road is closed for testing today.
* SN5 has 15 heat tiles in one place attached to it on the lower part of the skirt.
* Two nose cones outside VAB2, one in a garlic tent.
* A new spider leg building is in construction. 8 beams erected for now.
* Elon Musk: Falcon Heavy has 2/3 the thrust of Saturn V. Starship / SuperHeavy will have double thurst of Saturn V.
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 50 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 15-05-20 13:02 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* A (big) new horizontal drilling machine (Femco BMC-110R2) has arrived on site.
* It looks like a second lift system in VAB2 has been constructed or is under construction. It has less than half the height(±9m) of VAB2 and only the rail system is visible. The lift on the left side goes up to the top.
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 51 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 20-05-20 13:48 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Raptor 20, pre-burner test succesful. With a pre-burner test, the turbo pumps, to provide the engine with propellant is tested.
* A new nosecone has left the tent. It is equipped with 8(?) thrusters, embedded in the hull plating, not ecternally.
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 52 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 20-05-20 13:52 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Raptor Ser.No.20 did a test firing of about 5 seconds.
* Some fire at the launch pad (insulation?) was extinguished with the new water fire extinguishing system. Seems to be controlled from some distance. Also one of the lower dump valves (the dumped propellant) caught fire after the test.
Nothing serious I believe.
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 53 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 28-05-20 23:27 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* One nosecone has been dismantled. It was probably a testmodel, a bad construction, or an outdated construction.
* The second lift system in VAB2 seems to be finished. The the rail system reaches to the top now.
* The second and new spider leg building has almost got al its sheeting and roofing done.
* A new half round shaped tent is being constructed at the building facility.
* More concrete poured to enlarge the landing pad for the 1st SN4 test flight. It is about 100-150 meters away from the test stand.
* SN4 is repaired. There were some minor damages from the fire after the Raptor20 firing test.
* SN4 has got a construction on top of it. It is a cube shape, together wit a round shape with two large pipes in it...? Seems to be some sort of mass simulator.
* SN6 engine section is stacked together (thrust puck/dome/rings).
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 54 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 29-05-20 16:09 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN4 with Raptor No20 had a static fire on its launchpad for 6 seconds.
* Huge flares from burning off Methane were visible.
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 55 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 31-05-20 13:00 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN4 had another static fire test. After the test a large rupture of some kind in the propellant line or in the lower part of the tank occurred. A massive explosion was the result. SN4 totally destroyed. Much damage to test stand.
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 56 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 02-06-20 12:40 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN4 fully removed from the test stand / launch pad.
* Test stand SN4 disassembled.
* Work continues on 2nd test stand.
The Wilscott building roof, next to test stand of SN4, got ruptured by a large metal beam from the explosion.
* The structure to protect the fuel lines was fully blown away from the concrete slab and landed upside down.
* SN6 top section seems to be ready and is set aside VAB2. Later on it was stacked to SN6.
* SN6 section in Vab 2 is now 10 rings high. Only the engine section is missing.
* SN5 still waiting in the left side of VAB2 (Vertical Assembly Building).
* A 5 ring stack is also in front of the VAB2. Possibly the cargo section which comes below the nose cone(?).
* SN7 top section (tank bulkhead) is under construction. It got its sleeve mounted.
|Starship SN4-SN6 update 57 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 08-06-20 14:29 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* The new test stand has been equipped with a new quick disconnect box, for disconnecting fuel and Oxygen lines from the Starship. That is where it went wrong with SN4. The quick disconnect test failed and Methane and Oxygen got mixed and at the proper mixing rate detonated, destroying SN4 and the test stand.
* SN5 probably rolled out to the test stand on monday next week.
* First SN5 tank filling and static fire will be on the schedule.
* Hydrolic actuators for pushing upon the aft end of SN5 to test Raptor thrust against the aft end, are installed on the new test stand.
|Starship SN5-SN7 update 58 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 16-06-20 13:24 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN5 rolled out of the VAB.
* Engine section for SN6 rolled into the VAB, on the left side.
* SN6 (tank section) still in the VAB, on the right side.
* SN6 stacking, engine section and tank section will soon begin.
* SN7 test tank, different stainless steel alloy(304L), transported to the test stand. Cryogenic tests have begun and ended. A leak occurred on top of the tank with lots of fuming cryogenic gas. The pressure test reached 7.6 Bar. Elon Musk: the goal was, to push it to failure. There are a few known weak points on this SN7 test tank, probably capable of more pressure. The second test tank to follow shortly has addressed the weak points. Tank didn’t burst, but leaked at 7.6 bar. This is a good result & supports idea of 304L stainless being better than 301. We are developing our own alloy to take this even further. Leak before burst is highly desirable.
* Today, SN6 stacked (engine and tanks section) in the VAB.
* Work on the new Starship test stand commences.
* At the test site, deep holes are drilled (20+meters) for concrete foundation. I guess it will be for a test stand, or launch stand, for the complete stacked Starship, so, Super Heavy rocket booster and Starship itself. It will be immense high and have a lot of weight when fully fueled.
* Raptor engine production is on SN30 at this moment. Elon Musk: propellant enters Raptor chamber as hot gas thats already mixed. Throttling is done by adjusting flow to the ox and fuel preburners. The lower limit of thrust is ox & fuel turbopump injector preburner stiffness. This essentially means: when do the preburner elements start flaming out.
* A new VAB will be build, for supporting the Super Heavy booster. It will be somewhere around 80 meters tall.
|Starship SN5-SN7 update 59 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 20-06-20 14:51 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Starship SN5 and SN6 now both nearing completion in the VAB.
* SN7 test tank is undergoing repairs for further testing. Follow up test tank wi8ll soon be ready.
* The foundation holes for the Super Heavy rocket booster test stand are filled with concrete.
|Starship SN5-SN7 update 60 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 03-07-20 12:19 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN5 moved to and lifted onto the test stand.
* SN5 hydrolic actuators/rams for testing engine pressure during testing, are mounted under SN5.
* SN5 had a succesfull cryogenic pressure test. Fully filled. SN5 entirely covered in frosty ice...
* SN5 hydrolic actuators/rams for testing removed again.
* Next probably a Raptor engine will be installed for hot fire testing.
* Bluezilla Rises! Super Heavy High Bay Builder Crane. It can lift 600 tonnes and has a reach of about 185 meters!
* Another new nose cone appaers outside the fabrication tent (was previously inside).
|Starship SN5-SN7 update 61 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 04-07-20 02:05 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Raptor Engine Nr27 arrives for testing at the test stand.
|Starship SN5-SN7 update 62 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 16-07-20 16:48 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
Well, it has been some days ago, so here are a bunch of updates on Starship Construction and site construction:
* Raptor SN27 gets installed.
* SN3 is being scrapped. Workers are cutting the SN3 to pieces.
* Bluezilla, the Super Heavy High Bay Builder Crane, the Manitowoc 18000, begins with the High Bay construction.
* The VAB will from now one be called: Middle Bay.
* The Small Bay will be used for Nose Cone construction.
* A new Launch Mount is being built (old parts?)
* Much work done at the bottom part of SN5, on the pad.
* First corner, two big walls, are raised for the High Bay.
* At the Starship landing pad, ground work is being done.
10 jul. 2020
* A mass simulator has been installed on Starship SN5 ahead of its Static Fire test. Weight estimated at 22 tons.
* Concrete structure near the SN5 launch pad seems te get a roof. Metal beams are connected.
* The High Bay gets its second corner walls.
* Starship MK1 aft fins are transported back to the tents... Will they be installed on....?
* New white tanks for the tank farm arrive, at least 3.
11 jul. 2020
* Third newest nosecone visible.
* A new food trailer is delivered.
* Zeus, the robot dog, has got a $29.000 upgrade package. A 360 degree camera, a PTZ camera (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) with 30x optical zoom, the ability to play and record audio via speakers and a microphone.
12 jul. 2020
* Third corner of the new High Bay has been installed. It will be 81m tall when it is finished.
* The Low Bay gets some action again: A nose cone gets stacked on rings.
* Fourth corner of High Bay is installed. Rapid pace!
* More terrain is made ready for something. Top layer is being removed.
* A new weather station and camera platform is installed on the highest tank in the tank farm.
|Starship SN5-SN7 update 63 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 16-07-20 17:22 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* The methane flare stack is back!
* The perforated water tank from the SN4 detonation is repaired.
* The 4 orners of High Bay are connected through metal beams.
* Nosecone appears ready for stacking at the Low Bay.
* A new weather station is erected in front of the Low Bay.
15 jul. 2020
* Nosecone is lifted and stacked on top of a 5 ring section.
* Starship SN5 being prepared for static firing test.
* Work continues on the SN5 launch mount.
* Starship landing pad cleared and cleaned for use.
* A lot of metal beams connected between the corners of the High Bay (one side left open of course...).
* Earth work is done on both side of building site. So future expansion is forthcoming.
* 4 thrust sections visible in a tent.
|Starship SN5-SN7 update 64 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 16-07-20 17:35 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* The new nose cones look much better than the MK1 version.
* Work on foundation of Super Heavy launch pad continues. Much rebar added.
* High Bay outer skelet is being connected (triangular constructions).
|Starship SN5-SN7 update 65 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 04-08-20 13:22 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* Three attempts to a static test fire for SN5. The fourth succeeded in a 3.5 sec test fire.
* High bay construction continues. Second layer of walls has been connected. Outer skeleton has been attached. Many support beams have to be attached now. The height is now about 20 meters.
* SN6s neighbour ring stack (3 rings) has been scrapped.
* SN5 preparation for the 150m hop.
* Manitowoc 18000 (Bluezilla) getting prepared to restart work. It was partly dismantled due to the arriving hurricane.
* Work on outdoor restautrant area continues. MK1 fins are being used as part of a roof.
* Concrete slab (road like) poured in front of SN5 test stand. Containers are put on it, fixed with high protruding metal beams.
* Starhopper gets modifications again. A few water or whatever lines are connected (10cm diameter.).
* First attempt for the 150m hop for SN5 aborted, due to a malfunctioning valve in the engine.
* Four nosecones visible near the low bay. One of them is fully stacked with 5 rings beneath.
* Roll lift being assembled (64+ wheels). So something big will be moving soon (or will it be SN5 when it has hopped...?).
* Tracking disches tested moving.
* PA system on starhopper (for broadcasting announcements accross the test terrain, pad clear, etc.) works.
* New fins delivered.
* Concrete slab and containers get a big black sheeting, about 20-25 meters wide and 5 meters high (to shield terrain, or manned containers behind it...?). It has a Space-X logo on it though...
|Starship SN5-SN7 update 66 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 21-08-20 04:18 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* High bay construction continues. Fourth layer of walls has been connected (though this layer is half shorter).
* SN5 had a very succesful 150m hop!
* SN5 moved back to construction terrain.
* SN6 moved out of Mid Bay.
* SN5 moved back into Mid Bay, to perform checks and repairs.
* SN6 moved to test terrain. SN6 put onto test stand.
* SN8 next to SN5 in Mid Bay, for stacking.
* SN6 had a succesful cryogenic test, with hydrolic ramps to simulate engine thrust.
* Raptor 29 transported to test terrain.
* Hydrolic ramp removed from underneath SN6.
* Raptor 29 mounted underneath SN6.
* Slopes of test stand get concrete slabs.
|Starship SN5-SN8 update 67 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 28-08-20 17:17 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* High bay has now three big walls and two half walls on top of each other... Is this the final height...? I thought it would be higher...
* SN5 checked and removed out of the Mid Bay.
* SN6 had a succesful Raptor 29 test! Three sec. burn.
* Heavy Booster launch pad gets BIG steel bar reinforcements, pointing up in the sky, on its feet foundation. These get covered with a big steel tubing and will be filled with concrete. Two already installed for concrete pouring.
* SN6 got its mass simulator installed (±22 tons).
* Concrete slab and containers next to the test stand road get even more containers and fencing (to shield terrain).
* SN6 almost ready for 150m hop... hopefully!
* Second test stand created. Hydrolic ramps to simulate engine thrust, are mounted to it. Will this be a permanent hydrolic test stand...?
* More slopes of 1st test stand get concrete slabs.
* SN8 is now stacked in the mid bay.
* There are now three Starships ready or nearly ready: SN5 (1 hop 150m.), SN6 (preparing for a hop), SN8 (now stacked).
|Starship SN5-SN8 update 68 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 16-09-20 09:55 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN6 had a very succesful hop of 150 meters.
* SN6 is after inspection and leg removal, moved back to the construction site, into the mid bay.
* SN8 is fully stacked in de mid bay.
* SN9 is getting stacked in the mid bay.
* SN8 gets aerocovers installed for fins.
* SN8 will probably get a nosecone installed.
* SN7.1 test tank lifted onto the test stand with hydrolic actuators. This week testing until burst.
* SN10 forward dome sleeved.
* SN11 parts spotted.
|Starship SN8-10 update 69 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 27-10-20 01:01 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN8 passes pressure test and cryogenic tests.
* SN8 gets 3 engines installed.
* SN8 pre burner tests succesfull.
* SN8 engine test succesfull.
* SN8 nose cone with wings stacked on test stand
* High Bay nearing outer completion.
* SN8 prepares for 15Km test flight.
* SN9 almost ready as a follow up of SN8.
* SN10 being stacked.
* SN11 parts spotted.
* Heavy Booster parts al around visible. Stacking could begin soon of the first HB.
|Starship SN8-15 update 70 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 30-11-20 13:19 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN8 tested its three engines. Damage occurred.
* SN8 one Raptor engine changed for the new Nr42.
* SN8 new static fire tests (4 tests in total).
* SN8 prepares for 15Km test flight. Probably this week.
* Near the Heavy Booster Pad, a concrete construction is being build.
* Heavy Booster launch pad has concrete poured into the big metal tubes. It is now setting and the launch pad is awaiting further construction.
* High Bay outer, seems to be complete.
* SN9 is put into the High Bay an has its nosecone stacked on it.
* SN9 was used for a test on the transporters. Two where joined next to each other.
* SN10-14 in progress.
* Parts for SN 15 already spotted.
* SN15 will get some major upgrades, Elon Musk said.
|Starship SN9-17 update 71 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 26-01-21 17:59 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
|Some history of the past weeks:|
* Three static fires of SN9 in under four hours.
* Two Raptor engines swapped after that.
* Starship SN9 conducted a Static Fire after having engines swapped out. Static fire likely aborted, it was not full duration.
* Tankzilla was prepared for a move on a Transporter.
* SN17s Common dome was readied for sleeving.
* Work on SN10 and BN1 (Booster) in the High Bay continued.
* Sections of the second Super Heavy booster have been spotted in Boca Chica as the first was stacked in the High Bay.
* SN18s Thrust Puck was also seen along with damaged Raptor engines SN44 and 46 loaded onto the Raptor Van for a trip back to McGregor for inspection.
* Starship SN9 conducted what appeared to be a good Static Fire test with its three Raptor engines on Friday, hopefully paving the way for a flight test next week.
* Starship Prototype SN12s thrust section was scrapped.
* SN10 was repositioned in the High Bay.
* Several truckloads of consumables were delivered to the Tank Farm.
* Work on SN11s nosecone continued.
* SN7.2 readied for testing on the launchpad.
* SN10 nosecone stacked and flaps attached in the Highbay.
* SN11 and partial SN15 stack in Midbay.
* BN1 & BN2 (Boosters) started stacking.
* SN10 in Highbayput on transporter.
* Starship SN9 scrubbed its first flight attempt due to high winds and low visibility.
* Meanwhile at the production site, the first Super Heavy thrust dome is seen within the tent.
|Starship SN9-17 update 72 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 27-01-21 11:42 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN9 launch probably on Thursday or Friday.
* SN7.2 test tank, 3mm stainless steel, succesfully pressure tested.
* SN10 nose cone stacked and flaps attached in the high bay.
* SN11 and partial SN15 stack in mid bay.
* BN1 and BN2 booster started stacking in high bay. BN1 got another two rings stacked.
|Starship SN9-17 update 73 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 08-02-21 16:20 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
|* SN9 launch was succesvol, the landing not...|
* One engine failed to ignite, resulting in destruction of the Starship.
* Elon Musk: we where dumb... next time start three engines and if succesvol, shut down one.
|Starship SN10-17 update 74 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 10-02-21 23:04 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
|* SN10 on the test stand.|
* SN10 pressure tested.
* 3 Raptors on SN10 and cryo tested on the 8th of Feb.
* SN5 being dismantled, SN6 already dismantled.
* Partial SN15 stack in the Mid Bay.
* SN11 moved to High Bay with nosecone stacked.
* Road closures 11th and 12th of Feb. (Wet Dress rehearsal SN10 + static fire?).
|Starship SN10-19 update 75 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 23-02-21 10:29 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
|* SN10 ready for static fire.|
* First static fire test scrubbed.
* SN10 gets approved for flight by FAA.
* SN12-14 are scrapped due to accelerating development of Starships, with SN15 and beyond.
* Much concrete poured at Orbital Launch Site. Landing pad gets a thicker concrete layer and is widened.
* SN11 fully stacked in the High Bay.
* SN15 stacking in the Mid Bay.
* SN16-SN19 under construction.
* Super Heavy BN1, ready for additional stacking.
* Today a new SN10 static fire attempt, with three Raptor engines.
|Starship SN10-19 update 76 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 24-02-21 10:19 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN10 had a static fire. All seemed to be good.
* SN10 ready and cleared for a flight! Hopefully this one will land safely.
* Raptor engine SN52 delivered.
* External staircase High Bay removed.
* Crews add an elevator to the High Bay.
* SN5 tank section dismantled.
* SN17 thrust dome sleeved.
|Starship SN10-19 update 77 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 05-03-21 13:46 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN10 flight 0.1sec before liftoff halted. This was due to more than expected thrust of the engines.
* Later, SN10 lifted off very nice on its 3 Raptor engines. Two engines shut of intentionally, It fell down as planned on its side, it did the belly flop and it landed.
* Landing was a bit hard, the SN10 bounced a little.
* Not all landing legs deployed properly.
* Landing was on 1 engine, after all 3 were started again.
* There was a fire after landing. Fire extinguisher activated, but could only get to the outside of SN10.
* After some 8 minutes the SN10 exploded, probably due to fire in the engine bay and fuel and oxygen leakage... and weakened construction due to hard landing.
But hey! It LANDED for the first time!
|Starship SN11-19 update 78 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 17-03-21 12:53 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SN11 on the launch stand.
* SN11 succeeded in ambient temp pressure test.
* SN11 succeeded in a cryogenic pressure test.
* SN11 did thrusters test.
* SN11 did a very short, probably aborted, static fire test.
* One of the big construction tents gets an extension of its size.
* Much work done around orbital launch pad.
* SN7.2 test tank returned to construction site.
|Starship SN11-20 update 79 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 31-03-21 12:08 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
Flight SN11 (Starship Number 11)
Reacties Elon Musk na fatale SN11 vlucht:
A high production rate solves many ills.
At least the crater is in the right place!
* Elon Musk:
Looks like engine 2 had issues on ascent & didnt reach operating chamber pressure during landing burn, but, in theory, it wasnt needed.
Something significant happened shortly after landing burn start. Should know what it was once we can examine the bits later today.
* Elon Musk:
SN15 rolls to launch pad in a few days. It has hundreds of design improvements across structures, avionics/software & engine.
Hopefully, one of those improvements covers this problem. If not, then retrofit will add a few more days.
* Elon Musk:
Next major technology rev is at SN20. Those ships will be orbit-capable with heat shield & stage separation system. Ascent success probability is high.
However, SN20+ vehicles will probably need many flight attempts to survive Mach 25 entry heating & land intact.
* Elon Musk:
BN1 (Booster Number 1) is a manufacturing pathfinder, so will be scrapped. We learned a lot, but have already changed design to BN2.
Goal is to get BN2 with engines on orbital pad before end of April. It might even be orbit-capable if we are lucky.
|Starship SN15-20 update 80 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 30-04-21 12:52 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* After a second static fire, Starship SN15 appears to be ready for its test flight. Crews are repairing the landing pad and removing cranes from the launch site in preparation for the flight.
* The FAA has authorized the next three launches (from SN15 and further) of the SpaceX Starship prototype. The agency approved multiple launches because SpaceX is making few changes to the launch vehicle and relied on the FAAs approved methodology to calculate the risk to the public. The FAA authorized the launches on Wednesday, April 28.
Prior to the launch of SN15, the FAA will verify that SpaceX implemented corrective actions arising from the SN11 mishap investigation. For the launch of SN16 and SN17, SpaceX may be subject to additional corrective actions if any new mishap investigations were to occur.
* Starship SN15 now has FAA approval for its test flight currently scheduled for no earlier than April 30th. Meanwhile, Raptor Vac engine mounts are spotted.
* The Flight Termination System is currently being installed on Starship SN15 ahead of a flight attempt. If Friday is still looking promising in the morning, the NASASpaceflight team will go live!
* Orbital Launch Tower is gaining in height. First four metal beams are put on top of concrete structure.
|Starship SN15-20 update 81 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 19-05-21 12:19 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* 60 years after first US manned flight, SpaceX did it!
They launched and landed SN15 at the Boca Chica launch site in Texas!
* SN15 flight was with the newest generation Raptor engines. They seemed to perform well.
On Wednesday, May 5, Starship serial number 15 (SN15) successfully completed SpaceX’s fifth high-altitude flight test of a Starship prototype from Starbase in Texas. SN15 ascended, transitioned propellant, and reoriented itself for reentry and a controlled aerodynamic descent. The Raptor engines reignited to perform the landing flip maneuver before touching down for a nominal landing on the pad.
These Starship test flights improve our understanding and development of a fully reusable transportation system designed to carry crew and cargo on long-duration interplanetary flights, help humanity return to the Moon, and travel to Mars and beyond.
Link flight recap:
* After Starship safing and inspection, Starship SN15 was moved to the center of the landing pad and its legs were removed.
SN15 transported to pad B and is being prepared for a lift back onto the launch pad B, this time (launched from pad A).
* The test nosecone was removed from its test cell, then moved outside of the High Bay.
* Starship SN15 was lifted onto Suborbital Pad B for inspections, and possible further testing. Work on the orbital launch site continued, and the test nosecone was disassembled.
* Elon Musk: We might refly SN15
|Starship SN15-20 update 82 | Reactie van: Modelraketten.NL op 19-05-21 12:28 | E-mail: info(at)modelraketten.nl|
* SpaceX unveils a new - Starbase - (neon)sign outside of the Propellant Production Site. SpaceX aims to incorporate the area as Starbase, TX as they push toward the first orbital launch.
* As Starship SN15 is inspected for a potential second flight, SpaceX crews assemble two new massive cranes to assist in Orbital Launch Site construction.